Baseball gloves or mitt is worn by baseball players from the defending team to catch and field ball thrown or hit by other players and should be chosen from best baseball glove brands. It is worn in order to protect the hand from being hurt.
My Picks Top 7 Best Baseball Glove Brands
Here are picks the most popular and top rated baseball gloves for this season.
Wilson Game Ready Soft Fit Outfield Baseball Glove
Rawling’s Premium Pro Series Gloves
Mizuno GMVP1300S1 MVP Softball Fielder’s Mitt
Rawlings Renegade Series Catchers Mitt
Cell con Rawlings Renegade Series First Base Mitt
Rawlings Sporting Goods Player Preferred Gloves
Cell con Rawlings Renegade Series First Base Mitt
The padded catchers' mitt first came in 1880. With the passage of time, the gloves were modified and technologically developed to meet the modern-day needs and take care of the sharp techniques needed to catch and grip a ball in different ways. You can see some of the products below:
A baseball glove uses a little amount of plastic at the end of the thumb and the small finger and some amount of nylon. Apart from that, it is composed of high-quality leather throughout. The best baseball glove brands are evaluated primarily on the basis of the leather used, which is made from cattle hide.
In a few cases, it can even be made up of kangaroo skin! It can be of different varieties such as Catchers’ mitt, First Baseman’s mitt, Infielders’ Gloves, Pitchers’ gloves, Out-fielders’ Gloves and Pitch-throwers’ Gloves.
The baseball gloves are labor-intensive products and require proper craftsmanship. If you are planning to buy baseball gloves, you should always buy from best baseball glove brands. The best baseball gloves brands gloves use supreme quality leather and have some extraordinary features which are not present in the other gloves available in the market.
As a result, they ensure easy “break-in”, grip and control and thus make you completely ready for the game. Also, they provide the sufficient comfort and style. Some of the best baseball glove brands are there:
- Wilson: It is a Chicago based brand which is a leading producer of sports goods and apparels in the world. It is one of the best baseball glove brands. The gloves of this brand are so designed that it feels as if they mold the structure of the hand.
- Rawlings: The “finest in the field” Rawlings gloves are soft, flexible and last long. They are a great “value for money”. It produces innovative sports products and is the official provider of uniform to the US football team and other high-profile teams.
- Nokona: It is one of the best baseball glove brands from the US that offers a great look and nice texture. Centered in Texas, the brand has been making premier ball gloves since 1934. It uses top-grain American hides to manufacture the gloves. The cutting, stitching, lacing, embroidery, and crafting- all are done by hand.
- Mizuno: This brand from the US produces elite baseball gloves apart from the balls, bats, apparels and other accessories required for baseball. The Mizuno gloves unlock your potential and inspire you to play your level best and are one of the best baseball glove brands.
- Akadema: The Akadema store offers elite baseball gloves which are easy to “break in” and also sportswear, footwear, and bags for baseball. It was founded by former professional baseball player Lawrence Gilligan. It focuses mainly on baseball and softball equipment in different schools and colleges.
- Nike: The famous sports brand Nike offers incredibly comfortable gloves which look classy and offer great flexibility. Initially named as Blue Ribbon Sports, the company was soon named as Nike after the Greek Goddess of victory. Just like the cricket and football accessories, Nike maintains its legacy in the baseball gloves also. The gloves are well-designed and use the latest technology.
Here are the reviews of three outstanding pairs of gloves from three best baseball glove brands.
1. Wilson Game Ready Soft Fit Outfield Baseball Glove
Wilson is one of the best baseball glove brands. The Wilson Game Ready Soft Fit Outfield Baseball Glove is a pair of premium baseball gloves from Wilson. If you are looking for the best pair of baseball gloves, the Wilson Game Ready gloves will be the ideal choice for you since they have many outstanding features.
Its double- palm construction reinforces the pocket. The double palm construction is made by a piece of leather placed between the palm liner and outer shell. It ensures maximum pocket stability. The outfield model is available with re-inforced single-post web. It is 12.5 inch in dimension and allows both left-hand and right-hand throw.
The leather used is of the exclusive Cheyenne Penny variety and is long-lasting and durable. The dual welting allows a better pocket. The leather construction helps to “break in” easily. Exclusive eco-leather helps in making the gloves soft and durable. Single post web is reinforced. The shell, laces, and palm liner are all made of finest quality leather. It is extremely soft and flexible and does not require oiling at the first stage.
The outfield model is available with reinforced single post web. It is 12.5 inch in dimension and allows both left-hand and right-hand throw. The leather used is of the exclusive Cheyenne Penny variety and is long-lasting and durable. The dual welting allows a better pocket.
The leather construction helps to “break in” easily. Exclusive eco-leather helps in making the gloves soft and durable. Single post web is reinforced. The shell, laces, and palm liner are all made of finest quality leather. It is extremely soft and flexible and does not require oiling at the first stage. Amazon offers you a price of $$ and the shipping charge is $$.
- The double palm construction
- The price
- The exclusive leather variety
- Becomes stiffer with usage and requires oil or conditioning
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What is the difference between a right-hand and a left-hand glove?
If you are a right-handed player you will wear a glove marked “regular” on your left hand so that you can freely catch and grip with your right hand. On the other hand, if you are a left-handed player you should wear a regular glove on your right hand so that your left hand is free to hold and catch.
What is the difference between a first baseman glove and a catcher’s mitt?
First basemen wear unique gloves which will help them to prevent injuries in their hands. On the other hand, the catchers have the most important position in the field. They need gloves which are comfortable and soft and at the same time will protect them from injury.
What is the difference between an infielder’s and an outfielder’s gloves?
Infielders need smaller and medium-sized light-weight gloves having shallow pockets so that quickly release the ball.
How to check for durability?
Check for labels where it is written whether only parts of the gloves are made of other substances than leather. A durable glove should be made of leather mainly.
What kind of pockets should I look for?
Smaller pockets for infielders and deeper ones for outfielders are preferred.
Do the products allow international shipping?
Yes some of them do allow international shipping while some others allow only domestic shipping.
Why Choose These Gloves?
Fits perfectly and allow easy break-in.
It is from one of the best baseball glove brands.
Customizable throw, durability and better grip.
Durability, texture, finishing and look.
It uses the solid OPTI-FIT technology
Branding: The brand value matters a lot. The more reputed a brand is, the better quality leather it uses. So, always choose best baseball glove brands.
Toughness And Softness: A baseball glove should be soft but too soft since a certain amount of rigidity must be there and these gloves fulfill this criterion.
These gloves are value for money.
Considering the above parameters, you can get gloves from the best baseball glove brands that will best serve your purpose. Before buying, please make sure that they are fulfilling your criteria of durability, flexibility, softness, rigidity, break-in and price. Get ready for the game with the best baseball glove brands!